Where can one use a giant inflatable?
Inflatables are very useful for event and product promotion, POS/POP and premiums.
What is the difference between a small inflatable and a large one, apart form the size?
A mini inflatable is made of PVC and is air-tight. A large inflatable is made of nylon with a coating and is NOT air-tight and needs to be kept under pressure by means of a blower.
How big are inflatables?
Mini inflatables can start at 10 cm while the large ones can be to up to 30 meters.
What do I need to know about blower safety:
- Blower must have back pressure, meaning it must be attached to an inflatable or duct to avoid any damage to motor.
- Keep children away from unit at all times while in operation and/or plugged in.
- Do not put fingers or other objects in unit while in operation and/or plugged in.
- Do not operate in pooled water to avoid electric shock.
- Motor must be kept dry at all times. If the unit becomes wet, thoroughly dry before next operation.
- Indoor use: use only with a grounded plug and/or extension cord to avoid risk of electrical shock or fire. remember never to use a cord with any kind of damage or wear.
- Make sure the power source is sufficient to meet the requirements of the blower.
- Keep air intakes clear at all times to avoid clogging or blocking in order to prevent overheating the unit. blocking the air intakes could result in a fire or electrical hazards.
- Do not remove any screens or safety guards from this unit to prevent injury to persons, and to avoid objects from coming in contact with the blower wheel. unit damage in this manner will void your warranty.
- Do not operate unit close to any dangerous areas, such as explosive gases, flammables, heaters and ventilated environments, which may result in explosions or electrical hazards.
- Do not use any form of speed control device as doing so may risk injury or fire.
- Always place blower on a smooth and leveled surface for safe operation.
- Do not operate in stacked position.
- Do not use unit if damaged.
- Before cleaning or servicing unplug unit.
- All blowers in operation must be supervised at all times.
What is the maximum wind speed that an inflatable can handle?
This very much depends on the shape of the inflatable. Some can handle force 7 while others (the tallest ones) need to come down at force 4. Therefore, ask advice from one of our staff members.
Do I need a permit to install an inflatable?
Most of the time it is not required, however, it is best to check with the local municipality as rules are different for every region.
Is a blower noisy?
AD AIR PROMOTIONS uses blowers that are low in dBA so that noise hardly ever is an issue. However, with the really big inflatable we need to employ a big blower, hence the dBA will be higher. If sound power is an issue for you please contact one of our staff for information.
When there is a rip in the inflatable does it need to go back to
AD AIR PROMOTIONS?
Small rips can be repaired by the clients themselves, as every inflatable comes with a repair kit. For bigger rips, a good sailmaker will be able to repair it, or we can organize for it to be
When I pass on Pantone colours, will the colours be correct 100% on the inflatable?
Colours are always an approximation, the deviation of maximal 10% is possible and acceptable. As inflatables are always viewed from a distance it is hardly ever an issue, if however, one wants to ensure as to the exact colour you can request for a proof colour to be made for you.
Do the colours fade when the inflatable is exposed to the sun
for any length of time?
Due to a UV protection is the colour fading nearly non existent.
How is the artwork applied to the inflatable?
Most of the time the artwork is applied through digital printing, sometimes the artwork is air-brushed on. This really depends on the shape of the inflatable.
How do I fix an inflatable so that it does not blow away?
When your inflatable is placed on grass, you can fix it down with big pegs. Are you going to put it on asphalt? It can be done with sand bags, concrete blocks or other heavy items. Also other items such as benches, gates trees etc., are good anchor points.
What is the power consumption of an inflatable?
In case of an internal blower, the power consumption will not be more than around 350W, which is the same as around 5 light bulbs.
The inflatable is not inflating properly, it is not properly inflating
and topples a little.
It is most likely that there is a zipper open somewhere, check all zippers, also check if there are no obstructions in front of the blower inlet.
The inflatable looks very rounded and out of shape when we inflate it. Probably a secondary zipper is not closed completely, so that air is pumped in between the first and second layer of the inflatable. Close the secondary zipper properly.
Are inflatables suitable for in-store deployment?
Most definitely, inflatables are very useful for PoS/PoP material. When using low sound blowers, the noise levels are negligible.
Where is the blower of an inflatable positioned?
Usually on the side of the inflatable. You can access the blower by opening the zipper and taking the blower out of its pocket.
What is the life span of a large inflatable?
When a giant inflatable is well cared for and properly stored, it can last for 5-7 years.
Can an inflatable have any shape?
Nearly every shape is possible; of course you can ask staff members for advice. In case it is not possible to recreate the shape, the staff can help to realize an alternate inflatable solution.